Apply and become our Head of IT Operations (f/m)
Microblink is an R&D company with a mission to simplify data entry in mobile and web apps using camera input. Using advanced AI methods, we develop state-of-the-art computer vision and data extraction technology, linking modern mobile apps with the physical world.
In only seven years, a startup transformed into a mature organization that develops a wide range of AI-powered solutions. But Microblink isn’t only technology, it’s the People beyond it. Behind every idea, behind every line of code, behind every satisfied client are people who care and go beyond their usual work. Our cooperation links all ideas into concrete endeavors and results.
We are careful to recognize when an opportunity arises, and therefore we have decided it is the right time to set up our IT Operations team - Internal Service Desk, SysOps, and DevOps.
We are looking for a person who will lead the existing team and help with expanding it. Open mind and fresh ideas will be encouraged by open arms in setting up new and improving existing processes across the company.
If you join our team, you will:
- Lead a team consisting of DevOps, SysOps and Service Desk engineers
- Establish and oversee policies and systems regarding all technology operations and evaluate them according to company goals
- Analyze the business requirements of all departments to determine their technology needs and ways to support it
- Plan and control costs and budgets regarding IT services
- Ensure internal and external systems meet required availability levels while improving resource efficiency year over year
- Advocate for and demonstrate reliability engineering practices and culture
- Uses a metrics-driven approach to inform each decision with data to help facilitate process changes or drive development
- Drive progress towards a model of continuous deployment and testing
- Encourage containerization architecture, management, and orchestration expertise including experience with automation/orchestration tool evaluation and selection
- Oversee maintenance and optimization of local company networks and servers
- Oversee data backup and system security operations
- Manage installations, upgrades and configurations of hardware and software
- Assess system performance and recommend improvements
- Ensure continuous support for internal company users
You are the right person for us if you:
- Have a Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, related discipline, or equivalent working experience
- Have at least 3 years of experience leading a team
- Have experience in analysis, implementation and evaluation of IT systems and their specifications
- Have excellent organizational and leadership skills
- Have outstanding communication abilities
- Have excellent English (in both oral and written)
- Have experience with cloud providers
- Understand networking and application load balancing concepts and technologies
- Have extensive knowledge of the software development landscape and experience changing the software development lifecycle.
- Are able to appropriately target information across technical audiences, internal clients and executive leaders.
- Have strong problem-solving skills with an investigative mentality, decision making ability and a capacity for strategic and associative thinking
- Have experience with Infrastructure as Code methodology
An Additional plus is if you have:
- ITIL certificate
- Experience leading multiple teams and/or projects including cross-team cooperation
- Experience with GCP and AWS cloud providers
- Experience with microservices
Here’s what we bring to the table:
- an opportunity to learn and develop your skills in the fast-growing tech company
- dedicated personal budget for professional development and education
- dedicated time for personal growth and adopting new skills
- learning opportunities through continuous mentoring, knowledge-sharing, education
- an opportunity to work in a motivated, open-minded team that cherishes new ideas and initiatives
- a culture that recognizes and rewards success, and is not afraid to try, fail and learn from the mistakes