Microblink builds world leading text recognition technology for mobile and web which is used by more than 100 million end users. We’re proud to power apps like Photomath, Virgin Mobile, , and Jaguar. Microblink is an engineering organization - the quality of our products is our biggest focus. We base our technology on machine learning, but we put equal emphasis on user experience and strive for engineering excellence in all our development teams.
At Microblink, iOS development is one of the key components in our engineering pipeline. iOS developers package and ship our products - SDKs - which our clients integrate into their iOS apps. They are also responsible for the demo apps on App Store, which showcase the capabilities of our products. They are skilled in developing engaging user experience, in using the right languages (ObjC, Swift), development tools (Instruments, CI), paradigms (OOP, Functional, React), and some even in cross-platform frameworks (Xamarin, React Native, Cordova). Above anything else, they enjoy working with native iOS.
Our iOS team also helped develop Photomath - one of the world’s most popular education apps - that has over 15 million monthly active users.
Apply and become our
iOS software engineer (f/m)
You are the right person for us if you:
- have a good knowledge of Objective-C or Swift programming language
- have a very good understanding of programming principles and OOP
- pay attention to details, especially to details connected to code design and UX
- proactively seek ways to improve your development skills and knowledge
- previously developed functional iOS apps, on your own or as a part of a team (apps don’t have to be published on App Store)
An additional plus is if you
- appreciate apps which are not bloated, which don’t have many dependencies or legacy code, and compile without warnings
- have some experience with C++ and typical build processes (compilers, linkers, etc)
- have an eye for UX details
What will you do? You will:
- develop and improve Microblink’s iOS SDKs used by 300+ clients worldwide
- develop and improve Microblink’s demo apps on App Store which showcase our products
- collaborate with the design team in order to implement new user-facing functionalities
- collaborate with C++ product development team to integrate new technical functionalities, such as improvements in the text recognition components
- collaborate and work well with other iOS engineers
- provide technical help to iOS developers across the globe which use our products
- participate in the decision-making process regarding user experience and developer experience (our goals to make our SDKs easy for other developers to integrate as it is easy for customers to use the final app)
- prototype and design new features such as CoreML, ARKit, etc.
We are offering:
- an opportunity to further develop your software engineering skills in the fast-growing mobile vision company whose solutions are used by 100 million users worldwide
- learning opportunities through mentorship, knowledge sharing, educations and conferences
- an opportunity to work on technically challenging projects and products
- a culture that recognizes and rewards success