Microblink was one of the Partners at the 2nd Adriatic FinTech Hackathon
Halcom from Slovenia organised hackathon in cooperation with partners at ABC HUB on 15th and 16th October in Ljubljana.
In 24 hours 108 developers, programmers, designers and idea generators competed in 26 teams for the best Adriatic FinTech Hack of the year within 6 hack challenges. The main award was 10,000 EUR.
There were 7 hack challenges which involved banks (SKB and Nova KBM), domestic and foreign start-ups in the financial industry (Bitstamp, Microblink, Halcom Payments), companies operating in finance (Halcom CA) and companies who are interested in FINTECH solutions (Atlantic Grupa). The expert commission was most impressed with ZeroPass team from Slovenia, consisting of: Luka Perčič Nejc Žerjal and Crt Vavroš therefore they received a prize of € 10,000.
In order to promote innovation for faster and simple user experience in fintech mobile applications Microblink prepared proprietary software solutions specialised for machine vision on mobile devices. With the hack Typing is Out let’s OCR! teams could use SDKs for OCR on mobile devices for variety of use cases, from reading payment slips and barcodes scanning personal documents, IBAN number, invoices and receipts…
Two mentors from Microblink were at the hackathon, software engineers, Ivan Grce and Igor Smolkovič, were supporting programmers in integration of OCR.
The winners of the individual challenges:
- SKB: Robo advising | David and Goliaths (Serbia) | David Vuletic, Nikola Todorovic, Dimitrije Jankov and Dragan Vidakovic
- Nova KBM: Widget Banking | Bano Studios (Slovenia) | Klemen Krulec, Urban Marovt
- Hal mBills: Hal mBills and IoT | GameChangers (Serbia and Turkey) | Mehmet Sencer Karadayı, Dusan Stankovic, Nikola Đuza, Branko Gvoka
- Bitstamp: clairvoyant | R3D3 (Slovenia) | Slavica Suman, Klemen Forstnerič, Črtomir Majer, Lovro Mažgon
- Microblink: Typing is out, let's OCR! | Diesel Vešmašina (Croatia) | Josip Kvakarić, Ivan Orehovec, Stjepan Močilac, Lora Žuliček
- Montana (Atlantic Grupa): Chat to order | Bot-anics (Slovenia) | George Zidar, Ales Sladič
- Halcom CA: Dig Cloud Signing | Ichnusa (Slovenia) | Blaz Artač Luka Košenina, Dean Kostomaj, Tim Resins
- Best Team Spirit | Drop_Table (Serbia) | Marko Jovanović, Stefan Milutinović, Djordje Petrovic, Zeljko Šević
The goal of the Fintech Hackathon is to establish sustainable partnerships with banks, companies, start-ups and organizations that are involved in Fintech industry and believe in power of technological innovation.
More information and photos: http://www.hackathon.si/gallery/