Apply and become our Office manager in our New York office!
Microblink is an R&D company with a mission to simplify data entry in mobile and web apps, using camera input. Our visionary approach and the ability to look into the future brought us where we are today.
But don’t forget, Microblink isn’t only technology; it’s the People beyond it. Behind every idea, behind every line of code, behind every satisfied client are people who care and go beyond their usual work.
Stellar times are ahead of us, and we are looking forward to further growth and development.
As we are expanding, we have realized that we need a new team member, who will ensure the smooth running of our office in New York on a day-to-day basis. We're looking for a versatile, hands-on Office Manager who doesn’t mind wearing multiple hats, who is well organized, flexible, and enjoys the challenges of supporting an office of diverse people.
Sounds interesting? Make sure to keep on reading!
If you join our team, your tasks and responsibilities will be divided into a few categories:
- Perform receptionist duties: greet visitors, and answer and direct phone calls
- Receive and sort incoming mail and deliveries, and manage outgoing mail
- Taking care of community space (the kitchen and conference rooms, their tidiness, and disinfection if needed)
- Ordering food, arranging delivery, and similar for employees and internal meetings
- Serve as point of contact for all office-related topics to every Employee and address any queries regarding office management subjects
- Manage contract and price negotiations with office vendors, service providers, and office lease
- Coordinate domestic and international travel, including flight, hotel, and car rental reservations.
- Purchase office supplies and equipment and maintain proper stock levels.
- Take care of accurate and up-to-date records of office equipment and IT equipment, and keep the corresponding records; conduct regular inventories with final reconciliations of deficit and surplus lists
- Analyzing procurement costs by segments, keeping cost records, and proposing savings
Operational support to the HR & organizational development team:
- Assist in conducting the onboarding process for new hires
- Plan in-house or off-site activities related to employees within the office (celebrations, game night, team-buildings…)
- Partner with HR to update and maintain office policies as necessary
Operational support to other departments
- Monitoring, preparation and archiving of business documentation (forms for state institutions / clients / suppliers / insurance / bank, etc.)
- Printing, scanning, emailing, and mailing business documents
Administrative support to CEO and COO
- Performing various administrative tasks and supporting the CEO and COO, such as making travel arrangements, preparing expense reports, managing calendars, and taking minutes during meetings.
You are the right person for us if you:
- Have 2+ years of working experience in the Office Manager role or in a similar position
- Have excellent knowledge of MS Office tools
- Wear a smile on your face, even on rainy days
- Can, among numerous tasks and deadlines, see what’s important and prioritize so everything is finished when it needs to be
- Think being a good listener is equally important as being a good communicator
- Nurture a proactive and responsible approach to work
- Have high standards of professional ethics and discretion
- Influence and motivate by your own example
- Get joy from helping others
- Love to collaborate and are great fun to work with
- Enjoy working in and are comfortable in a fast-paced, roll up your sleeves type environment
- Think outside the box to solve problems with a can-do attitude
A plus if you have:
- Experience working in a start-up surrounding, in a fast-growing IT company
Here’s what we bring to the table:
- An opportunity to learn and develop your skills in the fast and smart-growing tech company through:
- Knowledge sharing and internal educations, both expert and wider knowledge
- Dedicated budget for professional development
- An opportunity to build your own competency development plan together with your peers
- An opportunity to work in a motivated, open-minded team that cherishes new ideas and initiatives
- A culture that recognizes and rewards success, and is not afraid to try, fail and learn from the mistakes
- Together with us, you will build extraordinary and future-oriented products for more than 200 million end-users with constant growth
- Great benefits like Unlimited PTO and medical insurance coverage (health, dental, and vision) for individuals and families, just to name a few.