Microblink is a research and development company with a mission to simplify data entry using camera input. But we are not stopping there; by constantly improving our knowledge, tools, and processes, we are positioned to take the next big jump.
Machine learning in Microblink
In 2011 we started as a computer vision company developing highly optimized computer vision algorithms written in C++ but later developed what we believe was the first handwritten math expression recognizer built with deep learning that worked in real-time on mobile devices. This started a 5-year transformation period for Microblink, where we invested heavily into our teams and infrastructure to enable a real data-driven development process.
Currently, our products are powered by 30 machine learning models constantly being updated on new data and running in real-time on more than 200 million end-user devices. Production scale machine learning of this magnitude has many challenges that our experienced team handles daily, but at least 20% of their time is focused on what we call future projects.
These projects range from models that power new features and products to independent research projects that we may try to publish at a conference. Regardless of being published, every machine learning engineer in Microblink is sent to one of the top conferences in the field each year. Whether it's NeurIPS, ICCV, or BMVC, our engineers will be there, discussing machine learning with the strongest teams in the world.
Teamwork that enables focus
Jokes about machine learning engineers spending 80% of their time on cleaning data don't apply in Microblink; we have specialized teams that handle this by producing millions of annotations with the highest possible accuracy.
Production training, evaluation, and deployment are powered by our proprietary systems and development teams that aim to reduce manual overhead to the bare minimum and increase development speed to the maximum. This allows our machine learning engineers to focus on machine learning.
As a Senior Machine Learning Engineer, you will:
- Lead development and updates of Microblink's machine learning models for production
- Lead research and development of new machine learning models that power Microblink's future products and features
- Perform independent machine learning research and potentially publish your work at a conference
- Work closely with Microblink's experienced software engineers on our products and/or infrastructure
- Lead improvement and maintenance of machine learning codebase and processes
- Mentor mid-level and junior team members
- Collaborate with people in various roles, like Product owners, DevOps engineers, C++ developers, UX designers, etc.
- Learn, improve and develop your understanding of machine learning and software development
You are the right person for us if you:
- Have an excellent understanding of machine learning in the domain of computer vision or text analysis
- Have at least four years of professional experience as an ML Engineer or equivalent
- Have strong knowledge and experience in writing sustainable, modular, and efficient code
- Have strong knowledge and experience with Python and essential development tools/technologies such as Git and Docker
- Have a good understanding of one of the machine learning libraries/frameworks such as TensorFlow or PyTorch
- Can work well in a team and also independently
- Can equally well do tasks with creative focus as well as those with a repetitive, more operational focus
- Nurture a proactive and responsible approach to work
- Eager to learn about new trends in your field
- Have great communication and English language skills (both written and spoken)
You get extra points if you:
- Have experience with agile methodologies
- Have experience in C++ development
- Have experience with continuous integration
- Have experience with other DevOps technologies
Here is what we bring to the table:
- An opportunity to learn and develop your skills in the fast and smart-growing tech company through:
- Direct mentorship - we make sure everyone constantly grows, and we will provide you with guidance and support from more experienced team leaders
- Knowledge sharing and internal educations, both expert and wider knowledge
- Dedicated time for personal growth and adopting new skills
- Dedicated budget for professional development
- Attending the world’s top conferences (e.g. NeurIPS, ICCV, BMVC)
- Online and live courses
- Our internal library keeps growing, based on our needs and interests
- An opportunity to build your own competency development plan together with your peers
- An opportunity to work in a motivated, open-minded team that cherishes new ideas and initiatives
- A culture that recognizes and rewards success, and is not afraid to try, fail and learn from the mistakes
- We are sports enthusiasts, so if you are one too, you can run with us, hike to the mountains or you can use your Multisport card to play any other sport :)
- We take special care of our parent-team members by preparing personalized gifts and organizing cool events for their kids, we cover paid leave for parents and 100% paid sick leave for their kids
- Although our team members like to spend time at work, we value their free time and guide them to spend their quality time off work as well
- If you are a modern technology lover, we feel you. That’s why we offer you an additional individual budget for the equipment
- Together with us, you will build extraordinary and future-oriented products for more than 200 million end-users with constant growth!
- An opportunity to take a lead as a front-face in industry-specific networking events, talks, and panels