Microblink is an R&D company with a mission to simplify data entry in mobile and web apps using camera input. Using advanced AI methods, we develop state-of-the-art computer vision and data extraction technology, linking modern apps with the physical world.
In Microblink, you will experience the best of the two worlds - creative startup energy and the stability of an established company. You will have a chance to work on complex systems that will challenge your technical and organizational skills allowing you to learn and grow. The best part is seeing your ideas and work turning to features and making an impact.
In the Web Products team, developers turn Microblink technology into complete SDKs for real-time, intelligent data extraction inside web browsers. As one of our developers said: “Microblink created a fantastic engine. But to show off its capabilities, you need to build an actual car around it. And that car has to look and feel amazing.”
We don’t expect that you have experience with all technologies mentioned in the job description, but rather that you are driven by a passion for technology to help us continue improving our SDKs. Once, all browsers could do is render pages. Today, they let you code, edit videos, and play games inside them. Find out how we used todays' browsers to run our SDKs in them in our latest blog post.
As an SDK developer in Microblink, you will:
- Develop and improve SDKs for data extraction inside web browsers
- Develop and improve demo application that shows how the SDK is used and what is possible with it
- Collaborate with the design team to implement UX improvements
- Collaborate with Microblink’s other development teams on the integration of new SDK functionalities
- Participate in decision-making related to the end-user experience and developer experience (we want it to be as easy for developers to integrate our SDK as it is easy for the end-user to use the final application)
- Contribute to establishing good engineering practices in software development
- Participate in providing support to developers integrating our SDKs
In general, you will actively participate in designing and improving new and existing products. We encourage people to take ownership of the initiatives, components, solutions, and products!
You can check our technology stack at the following link.
You are the right person for us if you:
- Have some experience or a strong will to learn about browser APIs:
- WebAssembly integration
- Web Workers
- Web Components
- Have an essential software development skillset (“it goes without saying” type of skills): OOP, git, team collaboration skills, a good level of English language skills,...
- Are interested in API design and developer experience in SDK integration
- Are interested in following the latest browser technologies and features
- Are responsible, proactive, and able to communicate with stakeholders and users
A plus is if you:
- Are interested in using templating techniques to generate code
We are offering:
- Learning opportunities through:
- Direct mentorship - when you join our team, you’ll get a dedicated mentor and a buddy, who will be your counselor, consultant, and cheerleader
- Knowledge sharing - we make time for/dedicate 20% of our working hours for internal workshops and lectures
- Educations and conferences - we are regularly attending some of the biggest conferences worldwide (such as JSNation and JSConf)
- Dedicated budget for professional development and education
- The internal library that keeps growing, based on our needs and interests
- Online courses
- Team leads and managers with technical backgrounds, dedicated to improving the development process
- Teamwork is important to us. In Microblink you will have a chance to:
- Actively participate in planning the iterations together with the rest of the team
- Work with a team on the design and architecture of the solutions
- Be part of our continuous improvement culture
- Contribute to the technical standards (all kinds of effort related to maintenance of the codebase, constant improvements in tech stack and tech solutions, ensuring software stability, maintainability, and overall quality, etc.)