Latest update: May 25, 2018
HOW DOES MICROBLINK COLLECT YOUR DATA?
Your data may be sent to Microblink through various channels: by accessing our website or using the Contact or Support form on our websites or by registering on Dashboard in order to generate license keys for Microblink products. Also, we want to inform you that your personal data may be collected and stored by Microblink in case you are trying out our demo applications available at web stores, or if you are trying our Web API (collectively called our “Services”). Furthermore, since we are always on the lookout for great job candidates, if you send us your resume, we will keep it for processing in case we shall need your contact in info for a job opening.
We will always try to additionally ask your permission to collect and store your data, as you will see when using the Services.
Data Retention period. Microblink may retain your personal information for as short as a few minutes, as long as it is required for Microblink’s business purposes or as it is required by law, but longest for up to ten years from receipt. If we collect your data on the basis of your consent, the data shall be stored for as long as you give us your consent.
WHAT CAN YOU DO WITH YOUR DATA SECURELY STORED WITH MICROBLINK?
You have the right to ask us what information we hold about you, and you can ask us to correct it if it is inaccurate. You can also ask for it to be erased and you can ask for us to give you a copy of the information. You can also ask us to stop using your information – the simplest way to do this is to contact us by emailing us at email@example.com. If you have a complaint about our use of your information, you can contact the supervisory authority for protection of personal data in your country to find out more information.
WHAT DATA DOES MICROBLINK COLLECT?
1. Personal Information. The number and type of the collected personal information depend on the Service(s) selected by you. The types of personal information Microblink may collect from you includes your name, user name, academic title, postal address (including billing and shipping addresses), telephone number (including home and mobile phone numbers), e-mail address, place of work and its address, credit and debit card number, profile picture, date and place of birth, gender, nationality, company registration number, country of residence, passport number, signature, body height, social security number, eye colour, driver’s license number, state or national ID card number, other ID card number, CVV, expiration date, vehicle identification number and license plates. Microblink may collect a visually scanned or photographed image of your face and/or your identity card, driver’s license, passport, utility bill, bank account statement, insurance card, loyalty card(s) or credit/debit card. This image may include your photograph and other information from the imaged document, such as your eye color, weight, height, and organ donor status.
2. Other data. Microblink may collect other information meaning any information that does not reveal your specific identity, such as: browser and device information, IP address, server log file information, the name of your host or the domain name of the website that referred you to ours, app usage data, site data, demographic information, information collected through cookies, anonymous app usage data and other information provided by you.
THE PURPOSES FOR WHICH MICROBLINK USES PERSONAL INFORMATION
Microblink may use your personal information received by you as well as personal information of third parties provided by you in order to improve Microblink products and Services. Such use of personal data is merely limited to the use of the content that you provide to Microblink in order to develop or improve Microblink’s algorithms and models over time.
Microblink collects, exports, and uses personal information to manage your relationship with Microblink and better serve you by personalizing your experience and interaction with Microblink and the Services.
When you send personal information of third parties to Microblink, you are responsible for obtaining appropriate consent from such third parties/data subjects. Microblink shall ensure that third parties personal information will be processed, handled and collected in the same manner as your own personal information. However, you are solely responsible for obtaining the consent from third parties for use and processing their personal information for the above-mentioned purposes.
Without prejudice to above stated general purposes of collecting and using the personal information and notwithstanding manner of collecting your personal information, Microblink uses your personal information for the following purposes:
- To set up and maintain your registration with the Service(s);
- To manage the Service(s) as well as to manage Microblink’s relationship with you;
- To provide features available in the Service(s) and to update you on the new services, if you are existing Microblink user;
- To develop, improve, and protect the Service(s) as well as to improve and develop new products, services and support including quality control, research and data analysis activities;
- To communicate with you and process and respond to any complaint made by you;
- To answer your inquiries, provide information, support or advice about existing and new products or service;
- To facilitate and process any purchases you may make in the Service(s);
- To prevent and investigate fraud and other misuses and to prevent and detect security threats;
- To protect Microblink’s rights and/or our property;
- For electronic direct marketing, in compliance with applicable laws;
- To audit and analyze the Service(s); and
- To ensure the technical functionality and security of the Service(s).
If you opt-in to receive marketing emails from us, we also may use the personal and pseudonymized information that we collect to send you promotional communications, including emails or postal mail about the products and services offered by Microblink or our partners. Although we hope you will find our promotional emails of interest, you may opt out of receiving them by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with “opt-out” in the subject line. Promotional emails will also have instructions for opting out of that type of communication in the future.
You can find more information on automatically collected information integrated within Microblink website here.
HOW MICROBLINK DISCLOSES PERSONAL INFORMATION?
Your privacy is important to Microblink. We do not sell, lease, rent or otherwise disclose personal information relating to any of our users to third parties unless otherwise stated below.
The personal information collected in the Services, regardless such personal information is provided by you or is automatically collected, may be disclosed with the following categories of third parties:
- Service providers we've hired to provide customer service support or assist us in protecting and securing our systems and services in order to provide those functions;
- To public authorities, such as law enforcement, if we are legally required to do so or if we need to protect our rights or the rights of third parties;
Microblink may disclose information to third parties in an aggregate format that does not constitute personal information and does not allow the identification of individual users.
HOW WE KEEP YOU DATA SAFE AND SECURE?
To prevent unauthorized access or disclosure, to maintain data accuracy, and to ensure the appropriate use of the information, Microblink utilizes reasonable technical and organizational measures to protect your personal information from unauthorized access or against loss, misuse or alteration by third parties as well as to safeguard the information Microblink collects and/or processes.
All personal information is encrypted while in transit and in storage. Microblink does not warrant that the undertaken safety, technical and organizational measures will be sufficient to fully protect your personal data against potential unauthorized access and use of your personal data. Moreover, we cannot guarantee the safety of your information when in the possession of other parties, such as the third-Party data controller. However, if such attempt is detected we will immediately notify you of a potential breach of the security measures either directly to your contact address, if available, or via an alert notification on our Sites.
Children's privacy. Microblink does not knowingly collect information from children as defined by local law and does not target its websites or mobile applications to children under these ages. We encourage parents and guardians to take an active role in their children’s online and mobile activities and interests. If you have reason to believe that a child under the age of 13 has provided personal information to us through the Sites or Services, please contact us at email@example.com, and we will use commercially reasonable efforts to delete that information.