In Microblink, you will experience the best of the two worlds - creative startup energy and the stability of an established company. We are the market leaders in AI-supported, real-time image processing, and OCR. You will have a chance to work on complex systems that will challenge your technical and organizational skills allowing you to learn and grow. The best part is seeing your ideas and work turning to features and making an impact.
In mobile team, our job is to turn Microblink technology into complete Android and iOS SDKs or as one of our developers said: “Microblink created an amazing engine. But in order to show off its capabilities, you need to build an actual car around it. And that car has to look and feel amazing.“
As an Android developer in Microblink, you will:
- develop and improve Android Microblink SDKs and contribute to developing demo applications that show how the SDK is used and what is possible with it
- collaborate with the design team to implement UX improvements
- collaborate with Microblinks other development teams on the integration of new SDK functionalities
- participate in decision-making related to end user experience and developer experience (we want it to be as easy for developers to integrate our SDK as it is easy for the end user to use the final application)
- contribute to establishing good engineering practices in software development
- participate in providing support to developers integrating our SDKs
You are the right person for us if you:
- have at least 2 years of experience in Android development
- have great knowledge of Java language and Android SDK
- know how to write sustainable, modular and efficient code
- are meticulous and detail-oriented, especially when it comes to API design and developer experience in SDK integration
- are interested in following the latest trends in mobile development
An additional plus is if you:
- have experience with Kotlin programming language
- have experience developing an entire Android application
- have experience working with Android NDK and C++
- are interested in cross-platform development
What can you expect from Microblink?
- Professional development and education:
- 4 working hours per week dedicated for education, in your desired field of interest
- Guidance from more experienced team members through direct mentorship
- Conferences such as Droidcon NYC etc.
- Dedicated budget for professional development and education
- Internal workshops and lectures
- Access to library that keeps growing, based on our needs and interests
- Team leads and managers with technical backgrounds, dedicated to improving the development process
- Focused work on a specific product, allowing you to influence its continuous growth and development over time
- Working in a casual, and yet professional working environment with motivating working conditions
- A possibility of remote work, up to 3 days a week
- A culture that recognizes and rewards success, and is not afraid to try, fail and learn from the mistakes
Microblink was launched with a vision to eliminate typing from mobile and web apps. Our state-of-the-art computer vision tech changes everyday life for millions of users and improves business processes worldwide.
We’re the reason why today you don’t have to go to the bank to pay your bills, or even type the data into your mobile banking app. Instead, you can scan them and pay in a few seconds. Our products use the power of machine learning to help users achieve their goals as well as enjoy the process itself.
And there’s plenty more where that came from. We have a range of top-notch products in our text recognition portfolio that improve user experience in a great number of apps. We’re proud to power apps of 300+ businesses like, Virgin Mobile, Unicredit, Erste, T-com, A1 and Jaguar, which together have reached over 100 million users. The combination of our world-class tech and amazing UX has also made Photomath app one of the most popular educational apps in the world.
We are a team of top industry experts and curious minds who explore, learn, discuss, and work closely together to create the most advanced text recognition solutions and supreme user experience.
Join us and use the opportunity to learn from the best and help develop technology that has a real impact on people’s everyday lives.