Latest update: 24th May 2017
You can send your personal information/documents or personal information/documents of the individuals controlled by you when you:
- access to and visit our website available at microblink.com and PDF417.mobi (our “Sites”),
- register to and use MicroBlink software development kit (our “SDK”),
- register to use MicroBlink’s products and mobile applications (our ”Applications”);
(Sites, Applications and SDKs, collectively called: our “Services”)
MicroBlink respects your privacy in line with the Croatian Personal Data Protection Act which is fully harmonized with acquis communautaire and major principles and frameworks around the world regulating the protection of personal data, including the OECD Guidelines on the Protection of Privacy and Transborder Flows and EU Directive 95/46/EC.
Information MicroBlink may collect from you
MicroBlink may collect personal information from you in connection with:
- Your activations and registrations to access and use the Services
- Profile creation and user verification for MicroBlink's Services
- Information requests or complaints
- Marketing, newsletter or support subscriptions
- Contest entries or survey participation
- Visits or browsing on the Sites; and
- Your free choice to provide your personal information or personal information of third parties to MicroBlink solely for the purpose of improving the existing Services and/or developing new services.
You consent that MicroBlink may collect, store, retain, parse and process:
1. Personal Information. MicroBlink collects a wide range of personal information while using the Services. The number and type of the collected personal information depend on the Service(s) selected by you. The types of personal information MicroBlink may collect from you includes your name, user name, academic title, postal address (including billing and shipping addresses), telephone number (including home and mobile phone numbers), e-mail address, place of work and its address, credit and debit card number, profile picture, date and place of birth, gender, nationality, company registration number, country of residence, passport number, signature, body height, social security number, eye colour, driver’s license number, state or national ID card number, other ID card number, CVV, expiration date, vehicle identification number and license plates.
MicroBlink may collect a visually scanned or photographed image of your face and/or your identity card, driver’s license, passport, utility bill, bank account statement, insurance card, loyalty card(s) or credit/debit card. This image may include your photograph and other information from the imaged document, such as your eye color, weight, height, and organ donor status.
2. Other non-personally identifiable information. MicroBlink may collect other non-personally identifiable information meaning any information that does not reveal your specific identity, such as: browser and device information, IP address, server log file information, the name of your host or the domain name of the website that referred you to ours, app usage data, site data, demographic information, information collected through cookies, anonymous app usage data and other information provided by you.
The Purposes for Which MicroBlink Uses Personal Information
MicroBlink may use your personal information received by you as well as personal information of third parties provided by you in order to improve MicroBlink products and services. Such use of personal data is merely limited to the use of the content that you provide to MicroBlink in order to develop or improve MicroBlink’s algorithms and models over time.
MicroBlink collects, exports, and uses personal information to manage your relationship with MicroBlink and better serve you by personalizing your experience and interaction with MicroBlink and the Services.
When you send personal information of third parties to MicroBlink, you are responsible for obtaining appropriate consent from such third parties/data subjects. MicroBlink shall ensure that third parties personal information will be processed, handled and collected in the same manner as your own personal information. However, you are solely responsible for obtaining the consent from third parties for use and processing their personal information for the above-mentioned purposes.
Without prejudice to above stated general purposes of collecting and using the personal information and notwithstanding manner of collecting your personal information (provided by you or by any third party or automatically collected), MicroBlink’s uses your personal information for the following purposes:
- To set up and maintain your registration with the Service(s);
- To manage the Service(s) as well as to manage MicroBlink’s relationship with you;
- To provide features available in the Service(s) and to update you on the new services;
- To develop, improve, and protect the Service(s) as well as to improve and develop new products, services and support including quality control, research and data analysis activities;
- To communicate with you and process and respond to any complaint made by you;
- To answer your inquiries, provide information, support or advice about existing and new products or service
- To facilitate and process any purchases you may make in the Service(s);
- To prevent and investigate fraud and other misuses and to prevent and detect security threats;
- To protect our rights and/or our property;
- For market research;
- For electronic direct marketing, in compliance with applicable laws;
- To audit and analyze the Service(s); and
- To ensure the technical functionality and security of the Service(s).
In particular, please note that MicroBlink uses the images and feedback you send by using the Service(s) to improve the Service(s) and to improve our other products and services, such as machine learning based technologies.
Automatically collected information
The following sections provide additional information about commonly-used web technology tools.
A “cookie” is a small data file transferred by a website to your device’s hard drive. MicroBlink or its service providers send cookies when you surf the Sites or sites where MicroBlink’s ads appear, make purchases, request or personalize information, or register yourself for the Service(s). Accepting the cookies used on our Sites, or sites our ads appear may give us access to information about your browsing behavior, which we may use to personalize your experience. You can refuse to accept and/or delete all cookies from your device.
A web beacon is an electronic image, called a single-pixel (1x1) or clear GIF. Web beacons can recognize certain types of information on your devices such as cookies, the time and date of a page viewed, and a description of the page where the web beacon is placed. Depending on the context, web beacons may also refer to content on a third-party server and may be used by service providers to deliver relevant advertising to you.
You may be able to disable web beacons in email messages by not downloading images contained in the message you receive (this feature varies depending on the email software used on your device). However, doing this may not always disable a web beacon or other automatic data collection tools in the email message due to specific email software capabilities. For more information about this, please refer to the information provided by your email software or service provider.
How MicroBlink Discloses Personal Information
MicroBlink does not sell, lease, rent or otherwise disclose the personal information relating to its users to third parties unless otherwise stated below.
The personal information collected in the Services, regardless such personal information are provided by you or are automatically collected, may be disclosed with the following categories of third parties:
- To service providers, such as data storage service providers, which enable us to provide the Services to you;
- To MicroBlink’s business partners, such as advertising partners, in compliance with applicable laws;
- To public authorities, such as law enforcement, if we are legally required to do so or if we need to protect our rights or the rights of third parties;
- To other third parties, with your consent or as otherwise required or permitted by law.
MicroBlink may disclose information to third parties in an aggregate format that do not constitute personal information and does not allow the identification of individual users.
MicroBlink may retain your personal information for as short as a few minutes, as long as it is required for MicroBlink’s business purposes or as it is required by law.
Right to Information
MicroBlink will grant you a reasonable access to your personal information and the reasonable ability to review and correct it or ask for anonymization, blockage, or deletion.
The easiest way to delete, or update your data in relation to the Services is to log in to the Service(s) and enter the necessary changes in the account settings of the Service(s). If you have additional questions regarding the correction, deletion, or updating of the personal data we hold about you, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
By providing information to the Services that forms the basis of communications with you, such as contact information, you agree to receive electronic communications from MicroBlink. However, you have the right to opt out of receiving electronic direct marketing communications from MicroBlink. All electronic direct marketing communications that you may receive from MicroBlink, such as e-mail messages and SMS-messages, give you an option of not receiving such communications from MicroBlink in the future. If you have any additional questions about electronic direct marketing received from us, please contact us at email@example.com.
To prevent unauthorized access or disclosure, to maintain data accuracy, and to ensure the appropriate use of the information, MicroBlink utilizes commercially reasonable measures to protect your personal information from unauthorized access or against loss, misuse or alteration by third parties as well as to safeguard the information MicroBlink collects and/or processes. All personal information are encrypted while in transit and in storage. MicroBlink does not warrant that the undertaken safety, technical and organizational measures will be sufficient to fully protect your personal data against potential unauthorized access and use of your personal data. However, if such attempt is detected we will immediately notify you of a potential breach of the security measures either directly to your contact address, if available, or via an alert notification on our Sites. .
International transfers of personal data
Some elements of the Service may be hosted on servers located in countries outside your own country. The laws applicable to the protection of personal data in such countries may be different from those applicable in your home country. In particular, if you are located within the European Union, please note that personal data collected by us is transferred outside the European Union / European Economic Area. You consent that personal data about you is being transferred outside your own country and, where applicable, outside the European Union / European Economic Area.
MicroBlink does not knowingly collect information from children as defined by local law and does not target its websites or mobile applications to children under these ages. We encourage parents and guardians to take an active role in their children’s online and mobile activities and interests. If you have reason to believe that a child under the age of 13 has provided personal information to us through the Sites or Services, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org, and we will use commercially reasonable efforts to delete that information.
Questions or concerns